Visit our Mobile Site
Register to Vote


How Do I Register to Vote?

  • You must fill out a paper Voter Registration Application.


Where May I Obtain a Voter Registration Application?


How Do I Know I’m Registered?

  • Once your local county clerk has processed your Voter Registration Application, he/she will send you a personalized voter registration card. This could take up to several weeks.
  • Never assume you are registered to vote until you have received your voter registration card from the county clerk.
  • Feel free to call your county clerk and inquire about the status of your application.
  • You may also check your voter registration status online by visiting


What if I Own Property in Another County?

  • You must register to vote wherever you actually “live or reside.” Owning property or a business in a county does not constitute residency there.


Registration Requirements

To register to vote in the State of Arkansas, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen.
  • Be an Arkansas resident.
  • Be age 18 or turn 18 on or before the next election.
  • Not be a convicted felon whose sentence has not been discharged or pardoned.
  • Not be presently adjudged as mentally incompetent as to your ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction.


Identification Requirements

If you are registering to vote by mail:

You must provide either your driver’s license number or the last four digits of your Social Security number on your Arkansas Voter Registration Application, or check the box in #9 on the application to indicate that you do not possess either a driver’s license or Social Security number.


Information for Military Voters

You may register to vote in the office of the county clerk in the county in which you reside or you may register using the mail registration form. Federal Law requires that a single Federal Post Card Application (FPCA SF-76) simultaneously serves all states and territories as both a registration form and application for an absentee ballot.

Military personnel may contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) or their Voting Assistance Officer for further information or to obtain a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). Call 1-800-438-8683 or e-mail the program at or visit the website at