E911 / Office of Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management will provide a comprehensive emergency management program to reduce the loss of life and protect critical infrastructure within Mississippi County.
The establishment of the Mississippi County Office of Emergency Services was authorized by Act 511 of 1973 and created by Mississippi County Quorum Court Order #CO 74-10. The name of the office was changed to the Office of Emergency Management by Mississippi County Quorum Court Order #CO 2005-18 in September 2005. The position of 'Coordinator' for the Office of Emergency Management is filled by appointment by the County Judge.
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is responsible for:
- Emergency preparedness and disaster planning
- Coordinating efforts of multiple agencies including governmental, volunteer, and private
- Mitigation and recovery during a disaster event
- Coordinating the efforts of emergency service providers including rural fire departments, search and rescue teams, RACES, ambulance, and hazardous materials response
Notice: Arkansas Storm Shelter rebate program has been suspended.
The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management will no longer take shelter rebate applications due to lack of funding.
All residential and business structures in the unincorporated area of Mississippi County were issued physical location addresses based on newly assigned county road numbers prior to 911 service becoming operational in November of 1990. The 911 Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) is located at the Mississippi County Sheriffs Department and answers all 911 calls for service.
The 911/Floodplain Management office is responsible for:
- Purchasing equipment used by dispatchers to process calls for service
- Addressing new structures
- Road centerlines
- Maintaining county road number signs
- Census LUCA reviews
- Administering the Mississippi County Floodplain Management Program
Phone: (870) 563-1309
Please take a few moments to sign up for a Smart911 account. Add as much or as little information to your profile as you want. It’s up to you, and your information can be seen only by dispatchers when calling 9-1-1. It's free and your information will display at any 911 center utilizing Smart911 technology nationwide.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
200 West Hale Avenue, Room 201
Osceola, Arkansas 72370
Phone: (870) 563-1309
Fax: (870) 763-0150